The Saskatchewan Green Party is proud to present our candidate for Saskatoon-Meewasin, Jacklin Andrews. This is not Jacklin's first time as a candidate with the Saskatchewan Greens, he also ran in this same constituency in 2020 as our MLA candidate.
Support Jacklin by connecting with him at [email protected] or [email protected]. You can help by:
- Voting for Jacklin on Monday September 26, 2022 and encouraging others to do the same
- Door knocking
- Displaying a lawn/window sign
- Donating to [email protected] (Please specify your donation is for Jacklin Andrew’s campaign. Connect with either Jacklin or Naomi for donations by cash or cheque.)
Jacklin Andrews comes to candidacy with a long and fruitful career in medical social work, mental health services administration, teaching and counselling.
Jacklin brings forward three main issues this byelection:
- Stronger healthcare as we need to have reduced wait times in this province and healthier working conditions for our healthcare workers.
- Sustainable environment as we need to promote locally grown food and protect our soil, waterways and pollinators.
- Quality education as we need much lower pupil to teacher ratios in this province and better oversight for private schools.
Jacklin is remembered in Manitoba as the executive director of one of the first health centres in Canada, the Leaf Rapids Health and Social Development Centre, which he pioneered in 1974.
The first of Andrews' several degrees was in political science, because politics was never just background noise. He was inspired by the likes of Douglas, Diefenbaker and Pearson to connect with politics and government as noble public service. After first joining in political work with Red Tories such as Joe Clark, he entered government service in Saskatchewan during the Blakeney years, based in La Ronge as Assistant Director of Health Services for the North, developing participatory healthcare. Hopeful about the possibilities of a John Turner government, Andrews joined the federal Liberals and has stuck with them, supporting their attempt to balance economy and environment. He assisted one of their candidates in the 2019 election. From the 2000's on, as he has pursued his public service career, he has dialogued with Greens and others on the intersection of environment and health, and he was drawn to the Saskatchewan Greens on those concerns.
As MLA for Saskatoon Meewasin, Jacklin Andrews would put his constituents first. He is eager to represent their views and needs in the Saskatchewan Legislature.
Jacklin is a father and grandfather and lives with his wife and family in the constituency of Saskatoon-Meewasin. He welcomes questions from the public and media about his stance on issues of concern to you.